The combat style of the German military changes dramatically from 1936 to 1945 and a skillful commander can fill any battle field role imaginable with German forces. German formations are the most heavily armed and armored in CAOS. Though in the early years the Germans are critically short on equipment and suffer many material shortages - especially in artillery. By war's end the Germans will field the heaviest armor, dangerous tank hunters and among the most lethal infantry available in CAOS and effective artillery support including some self propelled artillery. Furthermore, the Germans also field a hand full of Schutz Staffel (SS) units that are among the few in the game classified as shock troops.
Play style across the years Edit
- Comparatively large number of tanks.
- Tanks are highly reliable if under gunned.
- Strongest infantry on the defensive in 1936.
- Critical shortage of motorized infantry to fill in behind armor.
- No significant cavalry formations.
- Tanks have no anti-armor value.
- Shortage of artillery.